Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Enchilada Sauce

Okay, so I was craving something spicy, and this is what came into my mind. I found a few recipes on the internet and combined the ingredients that I liked, while keeping the basic proportions the same. This turned out really delicious, and it was super easy.

1/4 Cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 1/4 Cups water
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp garlic powder (I actually used 2 cloves of fresh garlic since I had some on hand)
salt to taste

Heat up the oil in a skillet (I just used a saucepan) over medium-high. Stir in flour and chili powder and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly until flour is browned slightly. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and cook for approximately ten minutes, or until it thickens slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment