Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Black Beans at the Center

Okay, so over the last several days I've posted some related recipes. Here's how I used them over a week:

Day 1:

Day 2:
  • Breakfast for the next several days was cheddar'n'bacon muffins (I stored most in the fridge, but some in the freezer to see how they would turn out, and if you warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds, they are fantastic)
  • Make Costa Vida-style crock pot chicken
  • Black beans with rice for lunch (served with chips and veggies or fruit)
  • Dinner is simplified Costa Vida--chicken on rice and beans with lettuce in a tortilla
Day 3:
  • Lunch is a green salad with leftover chicken in it (I used Italian dressing to match the flavor of the chicken)
  • For dinner, I fried the beans up and had fruit (and I ended up with lots of leftovers)
Day 4:
  • Lunch for today was a black bean burrito
  • For dinner I had nachos supreme (corn chips smothered with beans, sour cream, salsa, cheese, and misc. veggies (tomatoes, avocados, peppers, etc.))
Day 5:
  • Today was leftover day. I still had some chicken left and some veggies, so I had an amazing quesadilla, and for dinner a burrito. 

No comments:

Post a Comment