Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Baked Pesto Chicken

It's been a while since last I posted anything. Last semester was probably the craziest time of my life, so I had barely enough time to eat, let alone to write about it. But, this semester, and this new year, I decided to go on a diet. (Gasp! I know...but it's not a crazy diet, it's a really good one that is sustainable...they even encourage dessert the whole time.) Well, this little recipe is one of my first and favorites of the first phase of the diet. Super quick and easy, few ingredients, and most of all, delicious!

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup pesto (from a jar)
2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto in a 9x13 baking dish.  Rub chicken with salt and pepper.  Lay chicken breasts over pesto, spread the tops of the breasts with the remaining pesto. Cover with foil and bake chicken until cooked through (20-25 minutes). Uncover and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted (about 5 more minutes). Serve hot. 

2 comments:

  1. I just made this last night and it was sooo good! Jared loved it too. It looked so good, that he took a picture haha! I put slices of tomato on top of each chicken breast with the cheese. So good :) Thanks Rosie!

    P.S. keep 'em coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I'm glad it was delicious, and great idea with the tomatoes. If you want to send me the picture, I would love to post it! They'll keep coming--food is too good not to share, especially when I know someone is using the recipes I post.

    ReplyDelete